Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mix CD

"Here," she said as she handed me a burned CD covered in black Sharpie. I read the title quickly, and read the track list, and decided it wasn't my thing. It was titled, Love is... in the Air. Of course, the whole mixed CD wasn't really dedicated to me. I wasn't the subject of her affections, but rather an outsider looking in on a preview of a mix with all the wisdom of a 15 year-old music aficionado.

The mix didn't suck, at least for its purpose. It was a collection of semi-indie love songs with a few 90's female power ballads thrown in. I easily dismissed it as wildly trite and twee. However, a few songs stuck out from the track list and I replayed them over and over throughout my own teenage heartbreak.

And a very intriguing cover of "Wonderwall" was among them. It's possibly my favorite cover ever, and I generally hate covers.


Wonderwall by Ryan Adams on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment